Is the C-Pace a Europe-only Model? - 2020 Jaguar C-Pace Forum

post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-17-2018, 06:05 PM Thread Starter

Is the C-Pace a Europe-only Model?

This might turn out to be sad news for Americans as so Jaguar hasn't filed trademarks with a U.S. intellectual property office, so far that has only been in Europe. Its segment is also known to be a strong seller in Europe but is seeing growth state side. Similar speculation on availability happened with the Audi Q2 that long establish itself in Europe. Fortunately BMW and Mercedes took the plunge to make it happen.

Even without even the slightest of insight, it I think Jaguar's moves to launch the E-Paces soon after the F-Pace shows some potential for yet another utility vehicle.
What do you guys think the odds are it'll show up? If it doesn't, what are your alternatives?
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-30-2018, 09:17 AM

Jaguar is running a risk here by offering so many similar sized and priced SUVs. I'm not quite sure how they plan on preventing internal competition and the cannibalizing of their flagship F Pace sales. Restricting it to key markets to gauge consumer interest might be the safest route.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-30-2018, 04:58 PM Thread Starter

On the aggressive end of the scale we have brands like Lexus that pushed to launch what would rival the C-Pace, Toyota/Lexus is a big player and often makes smart moves.
Now car makers have more tools to improve sales, subscription services and car sharing services can greatly help, its a different consumer mindset.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-22-2018, 09:20 AM

I think Lexus has done a fantastic job with the new UX, though I'm still not very interested in anything with a CVT. I know efforts have been made to make acceleration a bit more linear, but you can only do so much with simulated gear changes.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-29-2018, 09:27 AM

I don't think its wise for Jaguar to make region specific models, especially during a period in which their sales have been declining. Imo it might be wise for them to pull out of China altogether, at least until something changes with the on going trade war.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-04-2018, 05:07 PM Thread Starter

Done in the form of special edition vehicles should help them get more people buying but I wouldn't suggest going any further.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-05-2018, 09:15 AM

Most automakers have slowly been moving towards more global platforms, at least with vehicles where its cost effective to do so. With China being the biggest market, there is no way that Jaguar can afford to remove themselves from it.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-05-2018, 05:05 PM Thread Starter

Jaguar might just have to let the big boys go first before deciding to grab a piece of the pie, its the safest bet they can place unless Tata wants to be generous with cash flow.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-12-2019, 11:55 AM

They've got a big restructuring plan in place and you can expect that unsuccessful models will be put on the chopping block and reworked. Eventually everything is going to be cut down to just a few key modular platforms.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-14-2019, 05:14 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagX View Post
They've got a big restructuring plan in place and you can expect that unsuccessful models will be put on the chopping block and reworked. Eventually everything is going to be cut down to just a few key modular platforms.
that's going to take a lot of work to the point we'll have to see self driving cars in the masses before that happens

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page