Jaguars new recycling program - 2020 Jaguar C-Pace Forum

post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 10:07 AM Thread Starter

Jaguars new recycling program

Jaguar is looking to repurpose components from existing models to be reused in their new cars. Not only will aluminum be melted down and reformed, but the batteries will find a second life as well. These kinds of initiatives will make a huge difference in the amount of waste that's accrued as vehicles are scrapped and should help to make the production process much more green. https://www.autosphere.ca/fleetdiges...ng-initiative/
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 05:59 PM

I think if we were to dig deeper some tax incentive might be revealed.

Often these recycling programs have little benefit to the environment. Its just to look like you're doing something positive.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 06:40 PM

Jag is just a small piece of the puzzle. Governments should get involved to develop robust recycling systems.
Current systems aren't nearly as advanced as they should be. Done right, it can make big money.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-15-2019, 06:24 PM

@Graham I guess you're right and it plays right into the companies that supply automakers with parts. The cost/benefit might not be so attractive in the beginning.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 11:33 AM

It's good to see Jaguar get more conscious about how they use their materials. Stuff like this never pays off in the beginning but down the road it should help them a lot financially.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 03:06 PM

Its a small step forward and I imagine it taking off as their suppliers make changes as well, which has a broader impact on the auto industry
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 04:54 AM

I bet if we dig deeper, finding out Jaguar is doing this to save themselves from future regulations might be what it comes down to.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-06-2019, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post
I bet if we dig deeper, finding out Jaguar is doing this to save themselves from future regulations might be what it comes down to.
There probably will be will be new regulations on the horizon but it's still a good sign regardless.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-15-2019, 06:59 AM

It is but comes at a cost that not all automakers are willing to absorb so soon and JLR isn't in that great of a position. I would understand if this was Toyota.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page