Jaguar Land Rover gets £500m government loan guarantee to build EVs - 2020 Jaguar C-Pace Forum

post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-16-2019, 11:44 AM Thread Starter

Jaguar Land Rover gets £500m government loan guarantee to build EVs

British Prime Minister Theresa May announced that Jaguar Land Rover has received a £500-million loan guarantee from the government to build electric vehicles.

From Auto Express:

Quote:
The fund – while not a loan in itself – is a state-backed guarantee that will allow Jaguar Land Rover to easily secure credit and direct funding in order to “support the company’s design and manufacture of the next generation of electric vehicles and its export activities”. It effectively means that in the unlikely event that JLR were to default on repaying the loan, the government would step in.
Given their ups and downs over the past year, Jaguar Land Rover better use the money effectively to boost their EV development and production.
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-16-2019, 06:20 PM

I bet tax payers aren't too happy about this. JLR doesn't have that great of a track record but its future this time around seems more promising, but we can't be too certain of the outcome.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-20-2019, 11:03 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post
I bet tax payers aren't too happy about this. JLR doesn't have that great of a track record but its future this time around seems more promising, but we can't be too certain of the outcome.
I agree there's no guarantees in doing this with JLR. But if it leads to a huge development for them I think it will be worth it.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronsy87 View Post
I agree there's no guarantees in doing this with JLR. But if it leads to a huge development for them I think it will be worth it.
For jobs, yes. The potential for all of it to have a negative effect is real and especially real in the current economic climate.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-31-2019, 11:48 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosscoupe View Post
For jobs, yes. The potential for all of it to have a negative effect is real and especially real in the current economic climate.
Yeah they're definitely going to walk a tight line for this to work.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-05-2019, 08:04 PM

On the flip side, the majority of folks never know for sure what these automakers are up to.
If JLR has plans for a massive roll out of EV's then the investment will easily pay off.

Governments just aren't know to spend in the right places though.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-02-2021, 11:27 AM

we can't be too certain of the outcome.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-04-2021, 07:45 AM

The question is off-topic of the forum. Guys, MB you know? Which cryptocurrency is completely anonymous? Overall, I need to replenish the cryptocurrency anonymously so that the wallet is anonymous and to make a transfer to another wallet for the service. For example, using bitcoin on the network, all transfers are saved, who sends, where, and how much. I need such a cryptocurrency so that nothing is saved, who, when and where, and how much made the transfer. Please tell me. And can I use this service https://switchere.com/exchange/btc-to-eth for such purposes?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page