0% financing to boost I-Pace sales - 2020 Jaguar C-Pace Forum

post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-20-2019, 01:14 PM Thread Starter

0% financing to boost I-Pace sales

Even though the I Pace sold well enough last year, Jaguar has found 2019 sales to be off to a slow start. Globally they have only sold around 1,000 units and will be offering 0% financing APR for 24 to 60 months on all variants of their EV as an incentive for on the fence buyers. They may have to consider similar deals on upcoming new models if they hope to revitalize interest in the brand as a whole. https://electrek.co/2019/02/16/jagua...inancing-deal/
post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-21-2019, 05:27 PM

Hard truth is to improve sales they will have to improve their products. Mercedes and BMW don't struggle to pull in good numbers for a reason and that reason is very clear.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-24-2019, 11:00 AM

Sales are always lower at the beginning of a new year. People are waiting to see what deals can be had on used models still sitting on lots and often there are some great savings to be found. Doesn't help that JLR doesn't make huge updates from one MY to the next.
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-26-2019, 02:20 PM

I actually wait for the 2-3 year to roll around to gauge a vehicles success because if it lasts that long, odds are it'll stay that way, much like some Mercedes and Lexus products as of recent.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 11:35 AM Thread Starter

I just found it a bit surprising as to me the I-Pace is probably the best electric SUV we've seen on the market. Even though it the first to market, it still looks better than both the upcoming E-Tron and EQC, at least on paper.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 07:23 PM

Its the best depending on what you want and the only other rival will come from Porsche.
Lucky for Jaguar that direct Porsche rival won't be here for a few years at least.
By time it launches the I-Pace should have even more of an advantage, my hope are for hotter trims, not Project ____ levels but more SVR.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-06-2019, 10:39 AM

Automakers shouldn't be rushing out these performance variants of EV's so quickly. Battery technology still has a ways to go before they start placing more powerful electric motors. If its your secondary car, then I guess range anxiety won't really come into play.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 10:40 AM Thread Starter

There isn't really all that much involved in a higher performing EV. A slightly larger battery pack, bigger brakes and some weight saving parts sum up the package for the most part.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 05:55 PM

Well, that's just the electric components.
Its more to do with the rest of the vehicle. As you move the segments, more cutting edge features complement the electric tech, thus opening up its greater potential. In a way these will feel different, although similar at the core.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 06:24 PM

Electric jaguar f type is on the way and might be what we see ahead of anything else sporty from Jaguar.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page