Jaguar C-Pace vs. what? - 2020 Jaguar C-Pace Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By crosscoupe

post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-17-2018, 05:31 PM Thread Starter

Jaguar C-Pace vs. what?

As we try to figure out what exactly the C-Pace will be, since news broke not long ago via coverage of its trademark filing, gauging its potential rivals and what it'll be up against can help us as future buyers. Already being familiar with Jaguar's vehicle line up and how what's featured in the E-Pace and F-Pace can rub off on the C will help here, if your not, I suggest starting with that first! From what I gathered so far these are its rivals (its not a complete list):
  • Audi Q2
  • BMW X2
  • Mercedes GLA
  • Volvo XC40
  • Infiniti QX30
JaguarEnthusiast likes this.
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-18-2018, 09:15 AM

Until we know the exact sizing of the C Pace, its tough to say who exactly Jaguar is attempting to rival with it. I'd like to add the BMW X4 and the Mercedes GLC Coupe.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-24-2018, 09:11 AM

Some sites seem to think that the C Pace may actually slot beneath even the E Pace. If that's the case then we could be seeing yet another premium subcompact. Jaguar may struggle to make it different enough from the E Pace, which has already been criticized for being priced too closely to that of the F Pace.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-26-2018, 01:34 PM Thread Starter

I only included those models because they take on key characteristics that are in demand but not already included within JLR, its just the next logical step for Jaguar to take.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-16-2018, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagX View Post
Until we know the exact sizing of the C Pace, its tough to say who exactly Jaguar is attempting to rival with it. I'd like to add the BMW X4 and the Mercedes GLC Coupe.
At this point no one knows and even looking at Jaguar fundamentally with the platforms they have, it just makes matters worse. That being the case, looking at where they can benefit the most is likely to hold true and for that reason I side with OP. Going with that, i'd like to see it resemble the following speculative render

side note: the artist behind the rendering also understands vehicles from a car makers perspective, so its not just for fun

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-29-2019, 06:44 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaguarEnthusiast View Post
At this point no one knows and even looking at Jaguar fundamentally with the platforms they have, it just makes matters worse. That being the case, looking at where they can benefit the most is likely to hold true and for that reason I side with OP. Going with that, i'd like to see it resemble the following speculative render

side note: the artist behind the rendering also understands vehicles from a car makers perspective, so its not just for fun

Now I see what you mean and in that respect Mercedes paves the way for manufactures like Jaguar to decide their next move, can't ignore big money
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-07-2019, 10:26 AM

They could position themselves better by removing all the expensive add ons and options that bring pricing well above MSRP. No one is going to spend more for a JLR product, over something from BMW or Mercedes, unless they are a loyalist.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-12-2019, 02:12 PM Thread Starter

I think Jaguar is just buying time till they're ready to roll out more advanced design and systems company-wide.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-13-2019, 09:52 AM

Time is something they are running out of. They are going to be bankrupt before they have a chance to implement these much needed revisions.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-13-2019, 04:04 PM Thread Starter

Not true.

As long as Jaguar isn't building into dying segments they'll be okay for the future. Already planning to kill off most of its sedans indicated that.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page