I-Pace sales skyrocketing in U.S - 2020 Jaguar C-Pace Forum

post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-11-2018, 07:51 AM Thread Starter

I-Pace sales skyrocketing in U.S

It looks like Jaguar's sales may be seeing some solid numbers thanks mostly to the new I-Pace. Last month, they managed to sell 165 units, which accounts for roughly 5.2% of their totals sales volume in the U.S. This could be the start of a big growth curve, which should help the brand to get such much needed cash influx. https://insideevs.com/november-jaguar-i-pace-sales-u-s/
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-12-2018, 08:24 AM

Its a good thing that they've launched the I-Pace when they did, because its the only driving force behind profits right now for the company. We also don't know what interest will stay like once competitors like the E-Tron, EQC and iX3 hit the market.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-13-2018, 09:06 AM Thread Starter

EV's do seem to be the natural path forward for JLR, especially with diesel sales at an all time low. What are the odds that the C Pace will get some form of electrification? Hybrid or PHEV.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-14-2018, 09:08 AM

Well since they are already developing a PHEV variant of the Evoque, its only a matter of time before we see similar variants across their lineup. I think the only current plug in hybrid SUV is the Mitsubishi Outlander.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-18-2018, 09:35 AM Thread Starter

Both Volvo and BMW have already announced that there will be plug in hybrid versions of their popular SUV's joining the lineup in the next couple years. Porsche already has the Cayenne E Hybrid.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-18-2018, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seepace View Post
Both Volvo and BMW have already announced that there will be plug in hybrid versions of their popular SUV's joining the lineup in the next couple years. Porsche already has the Cayenne E Hybrid.
Big fan of the new 4-Series Gran coupe and heard about the upcoming BMW i4, the brands first electric sedan that might be on my shopping list. At least that's what they're reporting...

"By 2021, the BMW Group will have five all-electric models: the BMW i3, the MINI Electric, the BMW iX3, the BMW i4 and the BMW iNEXT. By 2025, that number is set to grow to at least twelve models." (source https://electrek.co/2018/11/07/bmw-e...-vehicle-plan/)
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-19-2018, 08:46 AM

I know there is a length list of planned models, I just wonder how automakers plan to make each of them unique. Since they are probably all going to be riding on the same platform, range, power output etc is probably going to be similar as well.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-20-2018, 01:07 PM

Just don't expect anything far beyond what the rest of the industry will put out. So far current green models prove that to be true
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-02-2019, 08:58 AM Thread Starter

With how many new subcompacts have joined the segment over the past few months, there is plenty of room for Jaguar to expand upon their portfolio. They would also be wise to offer electrified variants of existing platforms.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-07-2019, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seepace View Post
With how many new subcompacts have joined the segment over the past few months, there is plenty of room for Jaguar to expand upon their portfolio. They would also be wise to offer electrified variants of existing platforms.
Changes are underway as i'm typing this. Job cuts into the thousands, among other major moves to make preparations for a hybrid future.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page