Shared engines from F Pace? - 2020 Jaguar C-Pace Forum

post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-17-2018, 09:40 AM Thread Starter

Shared engines from F Pace?

Since the C Pace is expected to be fairly similar in size to that of the F Pace, odds are it will also share the range of petrol and diesel engines. Entry level models will probably come with a 2.0l turbocharged 4 cylinder diesel while the top spec cars should come with a supercharged 3.0l petrol V6 producing 375hp.
post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-02-2018, 09:12 AM

Jaguar really needs to step away from their diesel engines, because they just aren't selling in the volumes that they used to. With what they have achieved in the I-Pace they could easily develop a solid hybrid powertrain.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-09-2018, 08:00 PM

IMO, with the I-Pace positioned to be a "flagship" for Jaguar in terms of technology and development, it would be great if we get an entry-level hybrid C-Pace to act as an "affordable" I-Pace if that makes any sense.
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-16-2018, 12:16 PM

what we're really missing is the fact no one knows what the C-Pace will be

i'm new to this forum and came here hoping to get insight but even journalists are puzzled, it could be a GLA/X2 rival or another electrified crossover and depending on what it is changes this entire discussion.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-26-2018, 09:17 AM Thread Starter

I doubt that the C Pace will be getting an electric variant for launch, but there are whispers that the next gen F Type could be heading in that direction. The modular nature of EV's does make it fairly easy to adopt to new platforms.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-25-2019, 04:59 PM

At the very least then we should be seeing a hybrid version just so Jaguar can keep up with the growing hybrid demand and not leave money on the table. Even brands like lexus and infiniti are planning to get into that space.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 10:55 AM

The majority of new Lexus products have been launching with hybrid models and they are often the most powerful versions. Aside from the reduced emissions this is why Jaguar should be placing a greater focus on these powerplants. Why not benefit from the extra powered offered by electrical assistance?
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-22-2019, 03:27 PM

Seen a few new ES hybrids in black and I couldn't be more impressed by how un-hybrid they look, but to those it matters, all the hallmarks of it being a hybrid become obvious in a good way.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-23-2019, 01:37 PM Thread Starter

All new hybrids models are moving away from the non-conventional designs of previous generations. There is little need to advertise the fact you are driving an electric car with so many of them joining lineups over the next few years.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-28-2019, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seepace View Post
All new hybrids models are moving away from the non-conventional designs of previous generations. There is little need to advertise the fact you are driving an electric car with so many of them joining lineups over the next few years.
I think it just depends on which hybrid it is and who's buying them. ES is understandable but on the other end you have models like the BMW i8.
Jaguar can actually do both, they already started with the i-Pace, a XJ successor could take after the ES's subtle take on hybrid styling.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page