Will we see an SVR? - 2020 Jaguar C-Pace Forum

post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-17-2018, 09:55 AM Thread Starter

Will we see an SVR?

Jaguar has been bringing their SVR variants to most of their models across the lineup and I think there's a good chance we'll eventually see one here. Performance SUV's are a hot segment right now and it would be a waste not to take advantage. The F Type SVR for reference.
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-29-2018, 09:28 AM

Part of me thinks that automakers throwing a performance badge on ever model across their stable, really decreases the prestige of it. I know that performance variants are all the rage these days, but exclusivity is one of the reasons why consumers buy in.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-08-2018, 09:18 AM Thread Starter

Jaguar should probably prioritize making the C Pace cost effective before exploring any high end versions. There have already been rumors of an SVR trim for the E Pace however, so I have a feeling that it could already be on their roadmap.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-13-2018, 01:30 PM

There will be greater hope for more SVR products if the new F-Type and sportier products like it have performance components that can be streamlined into, not so performance oriented products.
Its nothing new here either, just a simple method that well established brands have followed.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-14-2018, 01:19 PM

Going through news and having spoke with some Jaguar reps there's just no clear insight on when we'll see a higher performing version. The recent global sales slump isn't helping either. Its never a smart business move to invest more especially to a smaller customer demographic during these times. If numbers improve, just maybe we'll see more higher performing models.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-20-2018, 09:16 AM

I agree that throwing more power under the hood isn't going to help them get out of their current sales slump. They need to reduce costs wherever possible and make base models more appealing to new buyers.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 04:57 AM

The F-Type was a great example of what can be done to connect with buyers and the greater market. At this point Jaguar just needs to keep doing more launches like the F-Type. So far the revised XE seems to be an efforts towards that ideal vision.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-12-2019, 02:26 PM Thread Starter

I suppose there might not be a need for a full blown SVR version if future models all go hybrid/electric. That assistance alone should add a nice bump in power output. Won't have to worry about the gas drain on your wallet either.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-12-2019, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagX View Post
I suppose there might not be a need for a full blown SVR version if future models all go hybrid/electric. That assistance alone should add a nice bump in power output. Won't have to worry about the gas drain on your wallet either.
that covers power but it doesn't with all the other essential areas that are needed for a well rounded performance vehicle
so we should still see an SVR version, I know BMW will still offer M versions of its hybrid/electric vehicles so why not Jaguar?
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-13-2019, 01:18 PM

I know MB has said that all future AMG models will become electric as well. I'm guessing that the main difference will be the size of the battery pack and output of the electric motors. Maybe unique drive and launch modes as well.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page