Same interior as the F-Pace? - 2020 Jaguar C-Pace Forum

post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-18-2018, 09:12 AM Thread Starter

Same interior as the F-Pace?

While I'm sure that the C Pace will get some improvements/tweaks, I think its a safe bet that it will look very similar to the F-Pace inside the cabin. There is probably going to be a bit less headroom and boot space, especially in rear with the new sloping roofline however.
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-24-2018, 09:14 AM

I do wonder whether or not this model will also have a shorter wheelbase, because that's going to cut into leg room as well. Looks like Jaguar may be taking a page from BMW with their newly released X2, a model that attempts to blur the lines between crossover and hatchback.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-03-2018, 12:39 PM Thread Starter

I just hope that we don't see even less boot space then that's offered in the E Pace. Imo if they are going use a sloping roofline, they should make the wheel base longer not shorter to counteract the cut into headroom.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-06-2018, 12:49 PM

minimalist design is becoming more of a trend and has been seen in the I-Pace, only a matter of time till we see more of it in more mainstream models like this.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-23-2018, 08:58 AM

A minimalist design should mean a more simplified production process, which should translate to a better production cost. We aren't seeing those savings trail down to the consumer for any newer JLR product that's come to market.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-26-2018, 07:41 AM

Sometimes it might even be a case of manufacturing processes that allow for complex designs that can be produced efficiently. As long as there's a reasonable margin for JLR to make and they're holding up the brands image, there's no limit to what they'll do. As more new Jag products come to market that becomes more possible.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-27-2018, 09:17 AM Thread Starter

With what they are trying to charge on models like the XF Sportbrake, their margins must be huge compared to rivals. I think they need to move away from such lengthy and costly options lists, which also plague their Land Rover models.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-04-2019, 03:11 AM

C-Pace is an opportunity to do something new and I'd like to see it take after the I-Pace as a more affordable and smaller version.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page