expect autonomous driving systems - 2020 Jaguar C-Pace Forum
 1Likes

post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-17-2018, 05:50 PM Thread Starter

expect autonomous driving systems

So I was looking at articles on the trademark application filed and the most interesting fact is Nice Classification 9 that's used for certain systems that in short, relate to autonomous driving systems. This comes at an interesting time as Jaguar and Waymo already previewed a self-driving I-Pace and signed a deal to build around 20,000 self-driving vehicles. Prior to this Jaguar has been developing systems of its own for a unique self-driving experience. Around the same time its rival from Mercedes should debut with autonomous driving tech of its own.

How intensive it'll be compared to current systems is not know but getting dialogue going on this community as facts come out will be a great way to keep tabs.

Elsewhere in JLR, we have this....

Last edited by crosscoupe; 10-17-2018 at 05:53 PM.
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-30-2018, 09:21 AM

All you have to go is look to the partnership that Jaguar has established with Waymo. They are bringing out a full fleet of 20,000 premium self driving taxis. They haven't outlined which cities will be first to see this new service, but if successful you can expect a large scale rollout/expansion. https://www.theverge.com/2018/3/27/1...auto-show-2018
Seepace likes this.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-31-2018, 09:16 AM

The I Pace is likely to be the first model to receive this tech, as most new premium EV's already offer this. At least this pilot program will give them plenty of information and feedback to develop a solid system for their production models.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-31-2018, 05:49 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagX View Post
All you have to go is look to the partnership that Jaguar has established with Waymo. They are bringing out a full fleet of 20,000 premium self driving taxis. They haven't outlined which cities will be first to see this new service, but if successful you can expect a large scale rollout/expansion. https://www.theverge.com/2018/3/27/1...auto-show-2018
seen that and its interesting to say the least and I think it could have played in well to the whole Google City concept if it was pushed harder.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-01-2018, 12:24 PM

Let's just hope that the new level of standard equipment that JLR has placed in the I-Pace will be something they plan on doing for all future models. Restricting certain options to only high end trims is a marketing strategy of the past.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-04-2018, 09:08 AM

I agree, at least in relation to safety equipment. Its only going to be a matter of time before AEB, LKAS and ACC become regulated by the government. The mass transition towards EV's has a strong focus in increasing road safety for both drivers and pedestrians.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 04:54 AM Thread Starter

connective technology is really at the forefront of all of this from every aspect
once 5G rolls out I imagine it will be every piece of technology we have that can help with this.
it will be scary and amazing at the same time... what a trade off for safety
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-09-2019, 01:41 PM

I do hope that automakers retain some of their driver focused models that dont use any of this technology. Porsche has already said a few times that they have no interest in placing autonomous technology in their sports cars anytime soon. Jaguar should do the same with their coupes.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-13-2019, 07:25 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagX View Post
I do hope that automakers retain some of their driver focused models that dont use any of this technology. Porsche has already said a few times that they have no interest in placing autonomous technology in their sports cars anytime soon. Jaguar should do the same with their coupes.
As long as you don't mind paying more as the divide between cars with increasing nannies and those that don't increases, Jaguar will have a new product for you. If not, I bet it could spark demand for their new classic vehicle department to grow even more. Is an e-type in your future?
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-14-2019, 02:11 PM

Are you referencing the classic model or the new Zero electric conversion? Since the new model has been set at 300,000 it would actually be cheaper to buy an old one and have it converted privately.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page