Adaptive suspension - 2020 Jaguar C-Pace Forum

post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-03-2018, 12:41 PM Thread Starter

Adaptive suspension

As the new E Pace is now offered with an adaptive suspension, there's a good chance that the C Pace will have this option as well. Jaguar outlines these Adaptive Dynamics of being capable of altering damping rates ever 10 milliseconds to improve both handling response and body control.
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-06-2018, 09:25 AM

I do hope that this is part of the standard kit on the C Pace, because its a £1,000 option on the F Pace. There have been criticisms of a firm ride on models that aren't equipped with this feature from JLR.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-06-2018, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagX View Post
I do hope that this is part of the standard kit on the C Pace, because its a £1,000 option on the F Pace. There have been criticisms of a firm ride on models that aren't equipped with this feature from JLR.
A watered down version of this technology would be better on a standard C-Pace just so pricing aggressively can be done. All i'd care for are active dampers, the rest can go.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-17-2018, 12:07 PM Thread Starter

JLR has decided to make many of what used to be additional options, standard on the new I-Pace, so they could make the same adjustments for the C-Pace. More standard kit could easily help them to regain some traction sales wise.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-19-2018, 02:45 PM

I'm surprised that with all the money that TATA has, that they're not going after more brands to buy, which can have a great effect on JLR products in the long and short term.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaguarEnthusiast View Post
I'm surprised that with all the money that TATA has, that they're not going after more brands to buy, which can have a great effect on JLR products in the long and short term.
The problem is, no one really knows their financial.

You can guess all you like but assessing what you can from a consumers point of view is all that's possible.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 04:29 PM

@crosscoupe

Saw those rumors suggesting that Tata might sell JLR but they recently came out suggest its fake news. Whatever the case actually is, sales are positive and enough to justify keeping JLR.

Quote:
Tata Motors, owners of Jaguar Land Rover (JLR), has denied speculation by the Press Association (PA) that it is considering the sale of the brand to PSA Groupe.

PA reported that PSA and Tata Motors are in negotiations. This information came from an unidentified person at JLR, it said.

In response, Tata said: “As a matter of policy, we do not comment on media speculation. But we can confirm there is no truth to these rumors.”

PSA also released a statement: “We are generating the cashflow necessary to pay for our future. If an opportunity comes, like Opel-Vauxhall, we will consider it.”

PA cited leaked information and an integration document, which outlines the benefits of the two companies joining forces.

In February JLR announced record quarterly losses after a slump in china caused it to write-down £3.1bn in investments. It also said that it would be cutting 4,500 jobs worldwide to save money.

However, JLR recently revealed an 8.4% increase in the total number of vehicles sold in the UK in its full year sales from April 2018 to March 2019.

JLR announced a total of 118,108 UK sales.

For Jaguar, the premium crossover E-PACE was the biggest seller, with 11,142 units in its first full year of sales, while the Discovery Sport topped Land Rover sales, with 19,569 units. Discovery Sport has been a consistently strong seller since its introduction in 2014.

Jaguar sales were up 20.2% year-on-year, for a total of 38,604 units.

Land Rover sales were up 3.5% year-on-year, rising from 76,851 to 79,504 units.

Rawdon Glover, Jaguar Land Rover UK MD, said: “Despite the headwinds facing the automotive industry, I’m glad to see Jaguar Land Rover’s UK strategy is having the desired effect.

“Investment into the right products at the right time has seen us steadily grow our market share and our sales in what has been a declining market.”

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page